KME Precision Knife Sharpening System KF-D4 - with 4 KME Gold Series Hones
KME Precision Knife Sharpening System - with 4 KME Gold Series Hones
The KME Knife Sharpening System, with it's rotating blade clamp and spherical rod guiding system, offers easy precision sharpening. The rotating blade clamp, pioneered by KME, speeds up the sharpening process and the bearing rod guide maintains precise angles making it easy for ANYONE to sharpen their knives. It is small and portable, and offers capabilities and features beyond comparable systems
The sharpener allows continuous angle adjustments from 17 to 30 degrees and is marked out in single degree increments for easy angle selection. The clamp is neoprene lined to protect your blades from scratching or marring, and is marked with two depth lines to assist with repositioning the knife for touch ups. It has beautiful cherry wood for the grip and stone holder as well as the available base (base not included). Their stone holder allows for quick stone changes of the 1" wide stones with a simple knurled thumb screw system and all their sharpening accessories screw firmly onto the same guide-rod.
With the addition of the broadhead jaws which are sold separately, the KME knife sharpening system will work on broadheads too!
It is an all around great sharpening system for home and field use.
This is the most recent KME Diamond sharpening kit with 4 of the Gold Series Diamond hones
This Kit Includes:
- Hardshell Case
- KME Knife Sharpening System with new low profile vise jaws (as of September 2013)
- KME Gold Series X-Coase Stone - 140 Grit
- KME Gold Series Coarse Stone - 300 Grit
- KME Gold Series Fine Stone - 600 Grit
- KME Gold Series X-Fine Stone - 1500 grit
- 1oz Water Bottle
- 12 x 12 Cotton Cleaning Cloth
- Detailed Instructions
The most commonly sold accessory for the KME sharpening systems is the base.
****Note that the base is not included with this package.
Key KME Sharpening Systems Features:
- Portability: Quickly disassembles to store in nice size storage case
- 360 Degree rotational Clamp with 2 Horizontal Stops: Just grab the knife handle and rotate it 180 degrees to sharpen both sides of the blade.
- Just One Large Hand Knob Clamps the Blade: No more adjusting the clamp for blade thickness with one screw, then clamping with a separate thumb nut
- Low Profile Neoprene Padded Jaws: Clamp will not scratch or mar the blade while still allowing tight angle sharpening.
- Two Knife Positioning Reference Lines on the Jaw: Insures repeatable sharpening angle for individual knives.
- Revolutionary Spherical Bearing Rod Guide: Maintains absolute zero deviation from selected sharpening angle at all times, while providing excellent range of silky smooth motion
- Continuously Adjustable Sharpening Angle - 17 to 30 Degrees: Main frame is engraved with angle scale in single degree increments. Loosen thumb nut to raise or lower the bearing assembly to any desired sharpening angle.
- Stainless Steel and cherry wood construction
The case is lined with soft foam in both the base and lid to protect your sharpener and accessories. An additional layer of stiffer foam has cut-outs for the stone carrier, stones, and oil or water bottles and holds everything securely in place when the lid is closed.
As you acquire additional accessory stones you can easily customize your kit by simply enlarging the cut-outs to fit more stones… all you need is a sharp knife!
Many people also add the kangaroo strops, serration hone for sharpening their serrated edges, a recurve hone for your edges with tight inside curves, and a set of 4 ceramic stones or individual ceramic hones to their diamond kit for their polishing abilities.
Coarser Gold Series diamond hones are also available to speed heavier repair and re-profiling work: XXCoarse 100 grit and "The Beast" 50 Grit
Knife Not Included