Wicked Edge Generation 3 Professional Knife Sharpener System - with case
SKU # WE320
Quick Clamping, easy angle settings and shelves to store you stones! The Gen 3 Pro system also comes standard with a protective hard case for storage and travel
This is the newest version.
The Generation 3 vise has free floating jaws which it to clamp full-flat-ground blades more easily and now includes a split jaws also allow better grip on knives with a strong distal taper. The Vise Jaw is also self-centering so the angle will always be symmetrical measured to the center of the knife. It clamps the knife with an easy to use lever which eliminates the need to tighten multiple screws. When the clamping lever is pushed into the down position the two jaws move independently clamping the knife in place in one step. You can also now adjust the tension on the clamp for easier clamping of a range of knife thicknesses more securely. This jaw system does still include the repeatability system that is key to Wicked Edge systems.
The Generation 3 Pro system also quickly and easily adjust the angles in tandem - you just move the angle adjusting handle on the front of the sharpener - setting the angles on the left and right to the same angle setting in one step. You will still have approximately 1-1.5 degrees of independent angle adjustment using the micro-adjustment on the arms.
All of this is mounted on over 2 shelves where you can store your standard Wicked Edge handles - with the option of adding a third shelf if needed.
Please note the angle range on this system is 13.5 to 27.5 degrees as opposed to 13 to 35 on the WE120 and WE130 systems or 15 to 30 on the WE100 system. There is the ability to differentiate the two angles by about 1 to 1.5 degrees as opposed to setting them independently as on the WE100, WE120, WE130 and Field and Sport systems. Also, the current maximum blade thickness the Gen III Pro can clamp is 3/16ths of an inch. They offer an additional jaw replacement set for the Generation 3 jaw system which will allows clamping of thicker blades up to 1/4 inch.
Technical Specs for the Generation 3 Pro:
- Vise Jaws: 6061 T6 Aluminum and Stainless Steel Insert
- Housing: 6061 T6 Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Guide Rods: 304 Stainless Steel
- Angle Control Hardware: 304 Stainless Steel
- Stone Holders: Injection Molded Polypropylene Plastic
- Stones: Monocrystalline Diamonds
- Hardware: Stainles Steel
- 1.0 degree coarse angle adjustments
- continuous sub one degree fine angle adjustments
- One-Step angle adjustment
- One-Step clamping
- Angle adjustment from 14 – 27 degrees (28-54 degrees inclusive)
- Storage Shelf that will hold up to 6 abrasive handle pairs
- Maximum clamping width is 3/16″ (Jaws for 1/4 inch and 1/16 inch are available as an add on option)
- Micro-adjustable ball jointed guide arms
- Vise Jaw is free floating and will clamp almost any type of knife, including fully flat ground blades
- Vise Jaw is self centering so the angle on each side of the knife is symmetrical
- Coarse 100 Grit / Medium Coarse 200 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Medium Fine 400 Grit / Fine 600 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Extra Fine 800 Grit / Ultra Fine 1000 Grit Diamond Stones Pack
- Protective Carrying Case by Royal Case Co.
Extension Arm Sets: If you are using or intending to use this kit with longer knives or together with the low angle adapter you may also be interested in extension arms sets. These are a longer pair of arms that will thread in to replace the standard Generation 3 Pro sharpener arms when you need the additional length. The standard Gen 3 Pro arms are 8 inches in length. Extension arms are available in 10, 12, 14 and 15 inches.
In 2017 this sharpener was redesigned from the bottom up to accommodate more knife styles, provide smoother clamping and angle setting action and operate with even more precision.
- Milled Pocket to hold the Depth Key
- Cosmetic changes to the cabinet to improve the looks of the unit
- Extra shelf slot to fit an optional third shelf for additional stone storage
- Designed to be ready for cabinet removal and conversion to free standing storage unit which allows for a more ergonomic operating height
- Angle Setting
- All angle setting components have been fitted with adjustable, non-friction surfaces for smoother, more precise action
- Top plate is now anodized, replacing the powder coated finish for crisper, more positive angle locking
- Micro-adjustments have been redesigned with a knurled thumb wheel for rapid adjustment without tools
- Fully enclosed to prevent metal filings and diamond particles from fouling the cam
- Adjustable vise tension to accommodate a wider range of knife thicknesses
- Redesigned cam follower with molybdenum impregnated nylon bearing surface to ride smoothly on the newly redesigned cam, made from highly polished and hardened stainless steel
- Redesigned jaw profile to reduce interference at lower angles
- Split jaw tops to provide better grip on knives with distal tapers
- Redesigned inside jaw faces for better grip on a wider variety of knife profiles
- Replaced legacy Depth Key slots with holes for more precise indexing of the blade while mounting